Disclaimer: The opinions and beliefs expressed in this blog are my personal thoughts and do not reflect any position of the Peace Corps or the U.S. government.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

So Embarrassing!!

9.16.10

Today I went to San Vicente to Cleo's office and do random things like use the internet and such. To get home, I took a new bus called the Flavio Alfaro Abierta. It's a bus I've never taken before, and basically there are no windows or anything, it's almost a trailer with benches and then a roof, so the sides are open.


As we were getting close to Salinas I started getting nervous about how I was gonna get down because getting up was a little hard, the step is really high. As I turned around to get off, I just stretched my right leg to find the ground and kind of half-jumped to get off when I heard a ripping noise. I SPLIT MY PANTS GETTING OFF THE BUS! They are my nicest pair of jeans and my favorite! As I started walking down the street I realized that my pants had ripped, and I started freaking out that people would be able to see the rip and my but! The rip was more in between my legs and up to the back pocket, but I wasn't sure what it looked like from behind. I ended up taking a detour to avoid the park where there were a lot of people, and made it home without anyone saying anything. I was so irritated at the time because I feel like I've been gaining weight, and I tried to make myself "experience" something new by taking that bus, and this happens! After I calmed down I told my friend Ang who called later, and it was pretty funny in retrospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment