Disclaimer: The opinions and beliefs expressed in this blog are my personal thoughts and do not reflect any position of the Peace Corps or the U.S. government.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Swearing in as a Peace Corps Volunteer



8.18.10
“I Corey Margaret Klein, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge my duties in the Peace Corps. So help me God.”

Today we we officially sworn in as volunteers! Crazy that we completed two months of training and in a few days will head to our sites and start our service. The ceremony was held at the American Ambassador's house in Quito; it's a big, beautiful home with an enormous yard and a great view of the mountain Cayambe. After the ceremony we had breakfast and were able to hang out for a while, take pictures, the whole deal.

That night we all got together and had a party at one of the hostals- lots of dancing, celebrating, woop woop!

Pics: Youth and Families Program, then me with the American Ambassador Heather Hodges, and Country Director for Peace Corps Ecuador, Parmer Heacox.

1 comment: