Disclaimer: The opinions and beliefs expressed in this blog are my personal thoughts and do not reflect any position of the Peace Corps or the U.S. government.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Site Visit After thoughts


7.24.10
This morning I got back to Cayambe/Tabacundo from the site visit, and there were a lot of thoughts going through my head. Mostly like I said before, a lot of nerves and feeling pressure to do so many things as my community has many needs. I was very shy throughout the week and know that it's going to be more difficult for me to go out into the community by myself, but little by little and with help from my counterparts it will work out. I also felt confident in the beginning of the week with my Spanish, and how I've improved a little bit in training. But the coastal way of talking is soooo much faster than the sierra, and I know it's frustrating for people to have to constantly repeat or explain what they are saying. That will take some more practice for sure to adjust to their accent and speed of speaking. Last thought= SO many MOSQUITO BITES!!! I will head back to Salinas in August with as much powerful bug spray as possible!

The picture is of me, Zeneida, and her cousin, they call her "la loca", or "the crazy one", and they are right, she is pretty crazy. All she wanted to do was teach me really bad words in Spanish, haha. She was a refreshing part of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment